To Our Treasured Existing and New Patients: COVID-19 Office Safety Protocols
To Our Treasured Existing and New Patients: Please click here to read the COVID-19 Office Safety Protocols we are undertaking.
These have been difficult and challenging times for all of us. The effect of the COVID-19 virus has affected all of our lives and even though we have passed the critical stage, things still cannot yet be considered 'normal'.
We also know that, for many, there is a lingering level of anxiety and fear about contracting the coronavirus (CV) and that you will still want to take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family.
We feel the same way about ourselves and staff and we want you to know that we are doing everything possible to minimize the risk of exposure to the coronavirus at our office. Because we are a Mercury Safe Office we know how essential dental treatment is to overall health and we don't want anything to get in the way of getting any necessary treatment. Thus, we have taken the following steps to protect our patients and staff. (Please note that in protecting you, we are protecting ourselves - and in protecting ourselves we will be protecting you).
- We will not schedule a patient who exhibits any signs of CV, flu, or a cold.
- No staff member will come to work if they exhibit any of those symptoms.
- Upon entering the office you will be provided with a hand sanitizer.
- We request that you provide your own facemask.
- To maximize protection do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth unless you have sanitized your hands.
- A staff member will then wipe down the outside and inside doorknobs of the door that the patient used to enter the office.
- The number of people in the waiting room will be limited to a safe number.
- The dentist and all staff will wear protective masks during all dental procedures.
- The staff will sterilize all surfaces a patient or staff, comes in contact with.
- The dentist and staff members will sanitize their hands before seeing each patient.
Our high-speed suction equipment and other vacuum systems provide a barrier between the patient and staff, capturing and filtering saliva, droplets, and particles resulting from the dental procedure. These protocols are not only used for patients having their amalgam fillings removed but for all patients receiving dental treatment.
Because we are a biological practice, we also will sterilize rooms with natural ozone gas which will not leave any harmful chemical residues.
The protocols and safety precautions we are taking will also maximize your protection against other harmful viruses and bacterial infections. These include hepatitis, HIV, the flu, measles, mumps, rubella, and colds. So please know that coming to our office is now safer than ever and you have no reason to put off dental treatment that is so important to your overall health and your immune system. If you have any questions please contact our office and we look forward to seeing you soon.