Why professional teeth whitening is preferred by so many Hong Kong patients
If your smile is not as brilliant white as you would like, chances are you have at least taken a second glance at the myriad of teeth whitening products available at your local retailer. You may have even tried whitening paste, strips, or one of the many “home whitening remedies” found online. At best, these methods do very little. At worst, they may damage enamel or irritate gum tissue.
Dr. Titania Tong and her experienced team have solutions for discoloration that get the results you really want. If a brighter smile is what you desire, consider the value of professional teeth whitening in our Hong Kong office. Whether you choose one of our powerful in-office whitening treatments or opt for home whitening on your own time, you will be left with a big smile on your face.
There are several reasons to leave teeth whitening to the professionals:
- Teeth whitening treatment begins with a thorough evaluation and consultation to ensure you are a good candidate for whitening. If problems such as cavities or advanced gum disease exist, we may need to treat these first in order to complete cosmetic treatment without discomfort.
- In-office teeth whitening is performed using specific techniques through which lips and gums are protected. Home whitening takes place with trays customized to fit right against teeth, keeping peroxide solution on enamel and away from gums.
- Home whitening products made for the masses are really not made for anyone in particular. Though they may be safe for use in most people, the concentration of peroxide is so low that whitening is hard to come by in a cost-effective manner.
- Optimal results with minimal sensitivity, if any, comes from professional treatment with a dentist who can monitor your results and achieve the exact shade of white best suited to your complexion.
- Restorations must be taken into consideration before whitening because materials such as composite resin and porcelain do not change color in the teeth whitening procedure. If restorations are visible, your dentist can arrange treatment to keep your color consistent and beautiful.
- Not every type of stain responds to teeth whitening. In your consultation with Dr. Titania Tong, you can determine if your smile will be best treated with teeth whitening or dental veneers.